SCAVENGER HUNT/TRIVIA CONTEST entry Forms!
Captain Blue Hen Comics & Entertainment Trivia/Scavenger Hunt
Looking for something to do while waiting out the virus? Try This!
Since this is associated with Captain Blue Hen Comics & Entertainment, most of the questions and articles to find will be “pop culture” related. And since Paul is responsible for it, it will center around his interests – you’ll see.
General Information about the contest:
- What does it cost to enter? Nuttin’!, Nada! Zilch! Zippo! Zero! Just have fun!
- What can I win? To celebrate the upcoming release of the Walking Dead series in color and “Negan Lives”, the winner will receive a CGC 9.8 graded copy of Walking Dead # 100 – featuring the 1st appearance of Negan!!
- Who may enter? Anyone who visits Captain Blue Hen at 280 E. Main St. Newark, DE
- How many times can someone enter? Eh, once!
- How is it scored? Each correct answer to the Trivia questions is worth one point and there are various points awarded for items you locate and submit. Highest total wins!
- When and Where do we turn in our entries? The deadline for turning in your entry is 3:00 PM on Labor Day, September 7, 2020. Bring it in to the shop. As this is being typed, we HOPE to be hosting our annual Labor Day Flea Market & Collectibles Show in the parking lot that day. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, this may not happen. Should we have to cancel the show, entries are due by the end of business on the next day the shop is open!
- Will we get our stuff back? Yes, all of it – if you want it back! Of course, you can use this as a way of clearing out some clutter in the house. The entry form has a spot for you to indicate your preference per item.
- What if there is a tie? Earliest entry wins!
- When will winners be announced? Friday, September 11, 2020
- Who determines the winners? Paul will be final judge and jury (always wanted to say that!)
Of course, you can work in teams, but there is only the one prize up for grabs!
(over for submission form)
GOOD LUCK!!And STAY SAFE!!
Scavenger Hunt Items to Find:
Point value is in ( ), which is the most you can earn for that item – multiples do NOT earn more points. Everything should fit in a grocery bag or similar: however, kindly put smaller items in an envelope or smaller bag within the larger container so they are not lost or overlooked.
- A US coin minted prior to the comic generally identified as the beginning of the silver age (2)
- A chess piece featured on Palladin’s business card (2)
- A Marvel Value Stamp from the 1970’s – doesn’t have to be removed (2)
- Silly Putty – may be hard, but has to be in the egg (2)
- A bowling patch (2)
- A comic book Slurpee cup (3)
- A copy of “Henhouse”, a Captain Blue Hen in-store newsletter (3)
- A Captain Blue Hen comics business card, ad, GC, etc. with a different address than the current one (2)
- A marshmallow peep – doesn’t have to be fresh! (2)
- A lenticular item (1)
- A foreign coin (1)
- A “Get out of Jail Free” card from a Monopoly game (2)
- A slide rule (3)
- A 16 penny nail (1)
- An 8 track tape (2)
- Any periodical – mag, comic, newspaper, etc. – dated same month & year as Fantastic Four #1 (3)
- A US stamp marked 32 cents or less (2)
- A shark’s tooth (2)
- A plastic insert used to play a 45 rpm record on a turntable (1)
- A key with a cylindrical shank (2)
- A ‘church key’ with an ad imprinted on it (2)
- A MAD paperback (2)
- A green golf tee (2)
- A green rubber toy soldier (2)
- An S&H green stamp (2)
- Anything with a likeness of Elvis Presley on it (2)
- A pair of 3-D glasses (2)
- A Pez dispenser (2)
- A Joker from a deck of cards (1)
- A Hot Wheels or Matchbox toy of a car made prior to 1973 (2)
- A pair of dice that does NOT have dots on its sides (2)
- A copy of a DC Comics map showing the location of Gotham and Metropolis (3)
- A Cracker Jack toy (2)
- A Scrabble tile worth 4 points (1)
- A good “Liar’s Poker” dollar bill – 5 or more of same number in its serial number (5)
- A commercially produced ticket with at least 5 digits that form a palindrome (2)
- A bottle cap with a cork seal (2)
- A Dixie Cup (or similar) lid that has some sort of character underneath (2)
- A DC Comics POG (2)
- A “cat’s eye” marble (2)
- A political button (2)
- A match book cover with an ad for a hotel (2)
- A ticket stub to a music concert (2)
- A whistle (2)
- A comic that has “Because you Demanded it” on the cover (2)
- A DC comic that has “DC salutes the Bicentennial” banner across the top (2)
- A comic that has either a glow-in-the-dark, foil, or hologram cover (2)
- A cardboard coaster with a beer advertisement (2)
- A US penny with a log cabin on the reverse (2)
- A reprint of a Golden Age comic (2)
TRIVIA QUESTIONS: Each correct answer is worth one point – please write/print your answer legibly!
- What is the name of the bat Roy Hobbs used to clinch the pennant for the Knights?
- What does the movie “Despicable Me” and Russian intelligence have in common?
- Who was the first comic book character to have an entire 4 color comic devoted to him?
- Whose ghost did Perry White frequently mention in the TV series?
- What number is associated with corundum?
- What is the least number of strikes needed for a 600 series in bowling?
- On which finger does the Green Lantern wear his power ring?
- How many prime numbers are there from 0 – 100?
- What is the difference between the greatest number of U.S. minted coins needed to have exactly 43 cents and the fewest number needed?
- What former Oriole has a baseball card with an obscenity written on the bottom of his bat?
- What actor played Shoeless Joe Jackson in “Field of Dreams?
- In what movie was it observed that Percy’s cheese had slipped off his cracker?
- What do Popeye and the movie “Animal House” have in common?
- Who killed Bruce Wayne’s parents?
- What Newark, DE. resident, and Captain Blue Hen regular, created Venom?
- According to Overstreet, in which comic did Venom first appear?
- What Captain Blue Hen long time member co-created Doomsday and inked the “Death of Superman”?
- What former Captain Blue Hen member is an editor for Marvel Comics?
- Who was editor of Captain Blue Hen’s “Henhouse” and “Back issue” magazine?
- What former student of Paul’s did several covers of the DC’s “Legionnaires” comic?
- Before he co-founded Captain Blue Hen Comics in 1981, Paul co-founded what shop in Newport, DE?
- Who replaced the HULK when he left the Avengers?
- Who was the first FLASH?
- What did Stan Lee call his group of writers and artists?
- What movie featured the characters: Claude, Sheila, Jeannie, Hud, Berger, and Wolf?