Membership Rules & Benefits
- As a subscriber you pay a one-time $10 deposit. If you decide to discontinue your membership while in good standing your deposit will be refunded in the form of store credit or a gift certificate.
- To reserve your comics fill out a pull sheet. You may select as few or as many titles as you want.
- Add or drop titles any time you want, but you will be required to verify your identity.
- Pull sheets are updated each month to include newly solicited titles and remove defunct titles.
- Fill out a new pull sheet at least every 2-3 months to remain current.
- A separate pull sheet is provided for manga.
- New books arrive on Wednesday mornings and are pulled and waiting for you at opening.
- Your subscription is active the next new comic day.
As a CBH subscriber in good standing, you’ll receive:
- 25% off all back issues.
- The Previews monthly catalog at a reduced price.
- Rack up Member Points to earn a Reward! For every $10 you spend you get 1 point (we round up at the $5). When you reach 100 Member Points you get a $20 CBH gift certificate on your next visit. (For example, a $12 purchase earns 1 point, a $25 purchase earns 3 points and an $87 purchase earns 9 points.)
- Members are eligible for back issue discounts, bonus points and the special Previews price only if subscription requirements are met and the subscription bin is cleared.
To remain a member in good standing:
- Completely clear out your subscription box at least once a month.
- If you haven’t cleared it out in a month, CBH reserves the right to stop pulling new books for you.
- If you haven’t cleared your box in two months, we reserve the right to cancel your subscription, thus forfeiting your deposit and any accumulated benefits.
- Subscribers are not eligible to participate in other discount programs if they do not regularly meet the subscription requirements.
- Buy those titles to which you subscribe or you may lose your membership and a forfeit your deposit and benefits.
Captain Blue Hen values your business, so if you are going to have any problems sticking to this schedule, please notify us and we can try make arrangements.
Welcome to the Captain Blue Hen family. Happy reading!